Attention marketing department
475 route du port
Nicolet (QC) J3T 1W3 Canada
Unless otherwise stated, Rovibec is the “controller” of all personal data concerning you that it may hold and process.
What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we collect directly from you include, but are not limited to: first and last name, email address, telephone number, date of birth, address, type of business area and any information you provide us when you contact our customer service.
If you visit our website or our social networks, we may collect the following data: IP address or any other identifier, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other mobile device data.
We use this information anonymously, and do not use it to identify a particular user. We do not have the means to link this data to other data about you that would be in our possession, with the understanding that the collection of this data must make it possible to carry out analyses and to clearly identify the profiles of visitors to our site, in order to optimize the said site.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you buy products and services from us in store, online or by phone.
- When you visit our website.
- When you contact us or when we offer to take part in surveys, contests or promotions.
- When you contact our customer service department at head office, online or by phone.
- When you react on social networks (by talking about us, by « tagging » us or by putting you in direct contact with us).
How do we use your personal data?
To give you access to our products and services, to improve them as well as our activities, our communication and marketing.
In general, we use your personal data to provide you with the information, products and services you request from us, but also to communicate with you about theses products and services, and to answer your questions and comments;
We use your personal data for internal purposes, including as part of our customer service, continuous improvement of our products and services and in the evaluation of our internal procedures, our communication and marketing. This covers various applications, such as:
- Improving our site and its layout based on your device configuration (language, location, etc.) and usage patterns;
- Evaluating our services and products;
- Measuring customer satisfaction;
- As part of our customer service: resolving potential problems or responding to a request for service or information, etc.
We may also use your personal data to personalize you relationship with Rovibec:
- If you have authorized us to do so, we will send you marketing-type content by mail and e-mail;
- We process your contact information, activity and history to analyze the typical profile of our customers;
- In some cases, we make specific offers to our customers based on their equipment or on certain occasions;
- We measure the effectiveness of our marketing/advertising campaign;
From a legal point of view, the collection and processing of your personal data is always based on our legitimate interests as a commercial company. In all cases, we ensure that these legitimate interests do not infringe on your rights and respect for your privacy.
To whom do we disclose your personal data?
We do not disclose or sell your personal data to third parties. However, in order to benefit from our services, we may have to communicate some of your personal data to our distribution network. The information we may disclose will only be disclosed as part of a sales process – that is, orders for our products, after-sales service or custom requests, and only with our distribution network which provides delivery services, product installation, etc.
It is in our legitimate interest, as a commercial company, to use a distribution network, because we don’t necessarily have the means to provide those services ourselves.
In all cases, we ensure that we communicate only the minimum amount of information to our network so that it can only use your personal data to fulfil its obligations.
Prevention of unlawful acts and compliance with the law
We may collect additional personal data and forward it to credit agencies if you wish to apply for financing.
In other cases, the law may require us to disclose your personal data, for example if the public or judicial authorities require it in the context of the prevention or search for illicit activities, or in the face of legal obligations.
You have a number of rights regarding your personal data and its processing. You have the right:
- To a fair, lawful and transparent processing of your data;
- To consult your personal data in our possession;
- To require us to correct any errors in your personal data;
- To require us to erase certain data relating to particular circumstances that we have no reason to continue processing;
- To request that we provide you with your personal data
- To object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- To oppose automated decision-making that has legal effects on you or has serious consequences for you;
- To object, in other circumstances, to the further processing of your personal data;
- To ask us to limit or discontinue the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Changing you preferences
If you wish to stop marketing (products, services or other), do not hesitate to unsubscribe by contacting us.
If your personal data is inaccurate, please let us know so we can update it.
Security of your personal data
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. We therefore restrict access to them and they are only accessible to those of our employees who need them in the performance of their duties to provide you with a quality service.
Retention of your personal data
In general, we only store your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes described in this document. In other words, the retention periods vary depending on the type of data and why we collected it.
Last update: 13 October 2020.